The QPAT pre-convention activities that will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2013 are now available for early registration. Click here for the PDF document.
To learn more about this year’s guest speaker, Mr. Greg Forbes Siegman, visit QPAT’s website here.
For those of you who are planning to attend the annual QPAT convention, the largest anglophone professional development activity in the province, why not beat the rush and make your hotel reservations now. Information about the official hotel for this event can also be found on QPAT’s website.
Are you considering your next professional development activity? Haven’t yet used your PIC funds this year? Why not consider the Distinguished Educator Seminar Series where exemplary educators and well-known presenters deliver engaging and relevant information for educators. For more information, look for the promotional poster in your school and centres or visit their website here.
- Teachers must have their school/centre administrator sign their authorization to travel before they leave
- Teachers must preserve their nametags as proof of attendance and submit them to ESSB with their expense claims
- Teachers should register quickly if they intend on attending any pre-Convention activities
- Teachers should be encouraged to attend the keynote speaker, Mr. Josh Freed
- And teachers have the stamina, the Thursday night social is increasingly popular and fun to boot!
The PIC committee met for the first time this school year last Thursday. At this meeting the following items were dealt with:
- The 2011-2012 PIC Policy Kit is available; the good news is that PIC funds are healthy and teachers will receive the same amounts as last year for their professional development. Teachers are reminded to send their authorization to travel as soon as possible (especially if they intend to attend the annual QPAT convention in November). Please don’t forget to indicate from which plan you wish to benefit (i.e. A, B or C). For those who will attend the QPAT convention, you will need to submit your name tag as proof of attendance.
- One important change to this year’s PIC Policy Kit is the condition that PIC monies cannot be combined with any other type of funding (e.g. NANS, PDIG, etc).
- If a teacher intends to take credit courses, remember that this request must be made in advance (see annex III of the current kit).
The 2011 Annual QPAT-APEQ pre-convention activities are now available for registration. There are twelve (12) workshops to choose from so there is something for almost everyone. Make the most of your travel to Montreal and take in this popular add-on to the November 24 and 25 convention!
Once again this year, the Centre for Educational Leadership presents the Distinguished educator Seminar Series. For more details on course offerings, dates, prices and registration please visit this website.
“I am still learning.” – Michelangelo
Each year the Centre for Educational Leadership (CEL) proudly presents the Distinguished Educator Seminar Series designed in consultation with the Quebec educational community in conjunction with what is new in theory and practice in the larger educational milieu. CEL employs exemplary educators and well-known presenters to ensure these seminars are engaging, and relevant. For a complete list of seminars for the January – April 2011 period, click here.
The 2010 QPAT Convetion Program is now available online. Tickets for the event are available through your school’s union delegate. Remember to send your travel authorization to ESSB and to submit your QPAT Convention nametag as proof of attendance. I hope to see you there!
QPAT 2010 pre-convention workshop information is now available online. Register for your workshops and hotels early!