The Eastern Shores Teachers Association is represented on two provincial committees of the Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers. Ray Venables, ESTA president and QPAT Treasurer, sits on the Finance and Budget committee. Adele Flowers, ESTA Secretary-Treasurer, belongs to the Human Rights and Social Justice committee. Committee members have a two-year mandate which will end in 2016.
The Nominations Committee (comprised of Christine Piercey and Pamela Patterson) have declared the elected candidates to the Executive for the 2013-2014 term to be:
- Ray Venables – President (acclaimed)
- Adele Flowers – Secretary-Treasurer (acclaimed)
- Vacant – 1st Member-at-Large
Congratulations to the above candidates for their appointments to the Executive of the Eastern Shores Teachers Association. As a result, the ESTA Executive now consists of the following people:
- Ray Venables, President
- Nelson Roussy, 1st Vice-President
- Jean Francois Arbour, 2nd Vice-President
- Adele Flowers, Secretary – Treasurer
- Vacant, 1st Member-at-Large
- Gillian Garrett, 2nd Member-at-Large
- Erin Ross, 3rd Member-at-Large
Although there was some interest by a number of teachers for the 1st Member-at-Large position, the Nominations Committee did not receive any election statements before today’s 3 p.m. deadline.